Disabled drivers and disabled passengers whose vehicles are tax exempt under the drivers and passengers with disabilities tax relief scheme are entitled to apply for a Fuel Grant.

How will I apply for the Fuel Grant?

The Fuel Grant can be applied for online from the 1st January 2016, using Revenue’s new online service ‘myAccount’ on the Revenue website.  This will make the claim process easier as claims can be submitted and processed immediately.  Please register as soon as possible online.  All you need is your PPS number, mobile or landline number, e-mail address and home address.  Go to www.revenue.ie to sign up.


If you do not have internet access you can contact the Central Repayments Office on 1890 60 60 61 between 2pm and 4pm Monday to Friday and request a paper form.

What are the rates of the Fuel Grant?

The Fuel Grant will be paid at the same rate as the current rates for repayment of excise duty on fuel, and the same annual maximum will apply.  This means that the rate for petrol will be €0.59 per litre, the rate for diesel will be €0.48 per litre, and the rate for liquefied petroleum gas will be €0.10 per litre.  The annual maximum that a driver or passenger may claim will be 2,730 litres, and the annual maximum that an organisation may claim will be 4,100 litres per vehicle.

How will the Fuel Grant be paid?

The Fuel Grant will be paid directly into your bank account by electronic fund transfer (EFT).  You will be asked to provide the details of the bank or other financial institution account into which you wish your Fuel Grant to be paid (the IBAN and BIC codes) as part of the application form.  The IBAN and BIC codes can be found on the top right hand side of your bank statement.

When you complete and submit the application form online for the Fuel Grant it will be processed by the Central Repayments Office and will be paid to your bank account by the Department of Finance.

What if I still want to claim for fuel I used before 2015?

If you wish to claim for fuel used up to 31st December 2014 you may still claim the excise repayment. Please use the Form DD3/DD4 which is available from the Revenue Commissioners website (www.revenue.ie) or Revenue Commissioners, Forms & Leaflets Section on 1890 306 706 (Monday to Friday). Send the completed form to the Central Repayment Office, Revenue Commissioners, M:TEK II Building, Armagh Road, Monaghan.

What should I do next?

Please claim for any unpaid fuel used up to 31st December 2014 as outlined above.  You should retain your fuel receipts for the period 1st January 2015 to 31st December 2015. Please log on to ‘myAccount’ in January 2016 to claim your Fuel Grant.


Contact us

Disabled Drivers Association of Ireland,
Ballindine, Claremorris, Co. Mayo

Get directions

Media Contact : Email: richard.ryder@ddai.ie


We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.